Saturday, February 7, 2009

A is for Always



Well, it's probably a very bad time of the year for me to be starting a photoblog. I tend to carry my camera around with me much more frequently when the weather is warm and more likely to be sunny. Drear February simply doesn't inspire me quite so much as the freshness of May or the damp and torrid heat of August.

Recently I've been doing a project with my husband, taking a photo a day together for 365 days...our own little twist on the 365 Days Self Portrait project. We're up to 180something at this point, and finding it much easier to complete when we work with a theme. I've always found that to be the case...somehow adding a self-imposed structure to a creative project tends to INCREASE creativity rather than otherwise.

But I've also been going back through many of the photos I took over last spring and summer, rediscovering some gems and finding new ways to edit the pictures to bring out the beauty of the captured moment. Many of these pictures are for sale as prints on my new Etsy shop, artfulmagpie.etsy.com. That new shop is why I've decided to start this new blog, in fact...as a way of keeping up with myself, in a fashion.

Let's see how long this lasts! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Nice start to your photoblog. I enjoy your photostream on Flickr as well. I look forward to seeing your work here.

    ReplyDelete