Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Word Project, March




I've decided to participate in the Shutter Sisters blog's One Word Project this month. Basically, each month a word will be chosen, and, for the rest of that month, participants take pictures on the theme of that word. March's word is "beautiful."

My first shot for the project was taken in a most unexpected place...the parking lot of a Menards home improvement store! The store is pretty new, so they still had these bright colorful banners strung up between the lightposts. The banners looked wonderful against the cold blue of a late winter sky, so I snapped a few shots and was very happy with what I found.

So why THIS picture, as my first for the "beautiful" theme? Because it is, to me, a reminder that beauty can be found almost anywhere, even in parking lots on cold, cold days.



No comments:

Post a Comment