Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shoe Obsession -- Flats

Hi, my name is Artful Magpie, and I'm obsessed with flats!

Hi, Artful Magpie!


Yes, it's true. As much as I do love heels and boots, I have a special fondness in my heart for flats. Easy to throw on with just about any outfit, easy to walk around in, and so, so simply chic. I guess I'm a little bit Audrey somewhere in my soul. But then, aren't most women?

I have a few pairs of go-to flats already in my closet, but I always find myself eying more whenever I go shopping in real life or online. Some of my current obsessions:


T-Strap flats! I always thing of the t-strap as a feature of heels. I love the idea of a flat with that detail! And the pointed toe would look particularly good paired with skinny jeans or a pencil skirt.






Studded or otherwise embellished flats. We're not talking a little bit of beading here; we're talking some serious hardware. Over the top? Yes, definitely. Fun as hell? That, too!! Specifically, I have a fondness for this pair by Steve Madden.




Bright, fresh, summery colors. Both these sweetly preppy grey-and-green canvas peep-toes and these rich vibrant yellow leather flats fit the bill, in very different ways!





So much lovely, so little space to store them! And only two feet! I know I don't need any more flats in my life, but a gal can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment