Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March is just one cruel mo-fo!

They say that April is the cruelest month, but I violently disagree! I think that April doesn't hold a candle to the ruthlessness of March! Case in point: Yesterday, it got up to 60 degrees outside. Right now, it is 18. Yes. You read that right. That is indeed a FORTY DEGREE temperature drop overnight. And the best (worst) part? Yesterday, when it was warm, it was also rainy and overcast. Today, when it is far below freezing, the sky is perfect azure and there isn't a cloud visible. WTF?!?

This is the time of year when I start daydreaming about sundresses and sandals and wearing skirts WITHOUT TIGHTS, *gasp*! I've started scouring Etsy for light-weight cotton dresses and skirts and bright-colored accessories, dreaming about the day...which WILL COME AGAIN...when I can wear them out in the sun and not be a tiny bit cold, ha.

Here are some of my favorite picks right now:

This clock-print sundress from foxLor is so whimsical and fun, and perfect for me since my husband sells watches, ha!



I'd cinch that dress (since I'd probably look pregnant wearing it loose like she displays it in the pictures, haha) with the Kate Bow Belt from Desira Pesta's shop. I love the look of obi-style belts! Flattering, versatile, and cute, too!


For another pop of color, how about this very cute green knitted purse from Creations by Eve, festooned with shiny green shell buttons? I love the fresh color and the vintage styling!



And I'd top the whole thing off with one of my newest obsessions, bangle bracelets! I love wearing them in sets so that they clink together musically every time I move my arm, ha! In fact, I could probably do a whole post just on my favorite bangle bracelet finds from Etsy. Maybe I will, at some point, but for the purposes of this post, I think I'll just add the York Thin Enameled Bracelets from Bullfinch and Barbury's shop. (Actually, I love all of the bracelet sets in that shop, but since I've already got pink and green going in this dress, I'll stick with someone a bit more subdued, ha!) Enameled metal! Oh, the lovely jingling sound; I can hear it now!



Add a pair of metallic silver gladiator sandals and maybe some aviator shades, and I'll be all set for spring!

What about you, dear readers? What are you lusting for this spring?

4 comments:

  1. Women in sundresses and sandals! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I went to bed with the air conditioner on and had to wake up in the middle of the night to turn on the heat.

    I just want it to be spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is wonky and cold here too!
    I just keep staring at my sandals and dresses, reassuring them that one day I will wear them again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous finds. March is horrible, I'm so damn cold! I can't wait for it to warm up either.

    ReplyDelete