Thursday, July 23, 2009

Contrariwise

Being a lover of tattoos AND a great lover of books and literature, I am now officially obsessed with the Contrariwise blog. It is a compilation of books/literature/music inspired ink. Many of them are simple quotes, but there are also some much more elaborate works like a tattoo of flowers in which the stems are quotes from an Emily Dickinson poem; and also purely pictorial works like a sketch of the dragon Smaug from an early edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit."

LOVE.

And, of course, now it makes me want another tattoo even more than I wanted one before! I've been trying for months to narrow down one really great piece that will encapsulate how important reading, books, and the power of story are to my identity. Contrariwise may well be great inspiration for me!

1 comment:

  1. I want a tattoo so bad! I'm on my way to check out that site.

    ReplyDelete