Monday, August 31, 2009

What I Wore: Falling into Fall

Shirt: Anthropologie
A-line denim skirt: Anthropologie
Crochet tights: Sock Dreams
Green suede books: Aerosoles
Peacock-print bangle: Modcloth
Silver necklace: vintage


Sadly, it has become apparent that fall has arrived. The days are getting chillier, the wind has picked up, and the sun is setting earlier and earlier. I say "sadly" because I'm never ready for summer to be over, and this year especially! We've had a very cold, wet summer and it feels like the warm days were never here at all...just a passing fancy rather than a lasting fact.

Honestly, though, I do love fall...at least I love EARLY fall. The time when the air is just crisp, not yet cold, when the skies are still blue and not that slate-grey so common to November, when the leaves are changing colors but are, for the most part, still on the trees. So I'm trying to embrace the season gracefully. I think today's outfit is a good compromise, ha!

1 comment:

  1. You're too cute :)
    Hope you are having fun with "nostalgia" ;)

    ReplyDelete