Friday, October 30, 2009

Purses, Bags, and Totes, Oh My!

When I was growing up, my mother had a little obsession with purses. Okay, scratch that. She had a BIG obsession with purses. I would roll my eyes every time we walked past the purses section in stores, because she would be magnetically drawn towards the racks and racks of bags and purses and totes. I never understood why! Who would possibly need that many purses??

Well...I think I understand a bit better now. I'm still not nearly as obsessed as she was (okay, as she IS) but I've started crushing on individual bags the way I only ever crushed on particular pairs of boots before. (No, boots, I have not forsaken you...you are still my first and truest love!)

My favorite yellow purse from Anthropologie still holds a very special place in my heart, indeed. Added to that now is the orange clutch I purchased from Morelle. But still...I have yet to own the perfect black bag. That doesn't stop me from looking, though!

Currently, I have two black purse crushes. The first is a bag from Anthropologie that is identical to the yellow bag I already love...except in black leather! They call it the Clouded Moon bag. I already know I love the style, and that the leather is so, so soft, and that the bag is well-made. So that's a plus! It's not the most inexpensive leather confection, however....


The second is this beauty:

This one is a little bit more on the edgy side. The double-row of pyramid studs adds a bit of tough-girl to the chic, and I always approve of tough-girl. In this case, the studding doesn't overwhelm the bag. I could still wear this to work. It has handles, but also a detachable shoulder strap, which is important! I prefer bags with the shoulder-strap option. Leaves the hands free for operating a camera, don't ya know. And the polka-dotted lining is so, so cute! But I don't personally have experience with the brand, and I haven't seen the bag in person or felt the leather. Hhhmmm.


Hhhmmm....decisions, decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment