Thursday, October 28, 2010

Comfort AND Style

Okay, so one more post. I was browsing my blogroll just a bit ago and ran across the most recent post by The Sartorialist. I enjoy his blog, even when I don't particularly like the style of the folks he features...which is frequently, to be honest. But it's because of the wide variety of style he features that I keep coming back. There's often some little element of an outfit that I find I can apply to my own closet contents. However, I find it ironic, given the preponderance of "haute couture" and highly polished, sleek looks to be found in most fashion blogs, The Sartorialist included, that the outfit I find myself drawn to is this one...so simple, so comfortable, so much the opposite of "haute couture," and yet so, so stylish as well.



Personally, I would apply this look in tones of navy, rather than brown. A long, soft navy dress or skirt, possibly in jersey, topped with a similarly-toned navy corduroy blazer with grey elbow patches. And since it's a fall look, I'd switch out the sandals for grey suede boots. Perfection. Comfort AND style, all in one simple outfit. Elements both of bohemian ease and scholarly disregard. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment